8. Januar 2003

Karol Wojtyla: Stanislas
Aus dem Jahr 1979 stammt das Gedicht »Stanislas«, dessen erster Teil nach der englischen/amerikanischen Ausgabe hier folgt:

I want to describe the Church, my Church
born with me, not dying with me -
nor do I die with it,
which always grows beyond me -
the Church: the lowest depth of my existence
and its peak,
the Church - the root which I thrust
into the past and the future alike,
the sacrament of my being in God
who is the Father.

I want to describe the Church,
my Church which bound itself to my land
(this was said: "Whatever you bind on earth
will be bound in heaven"),
thus to my land my Church is bound.
The land lies in the Vistula basin, the tributaries swell in spring
when the snows thaw in the Carpathians.
The Church bound itself to my land so that all it binds there
should be bound in heaven.

Keine Kommentare: